If you’re struggling with chronic pain or illness, “good” days can seem few and far between. No matter where you are in your health journey, we want you to remember these five reasons to feel good about today:
- Your body is doing what it’s supposed to do. If you woke up, it means you slept – whether just a little bit or the whole night. And as we talked about earlier this month, your body took that opportunity to rebuild, heal and restore itself in multiple, amazing ways. Your body did what it was supposed to do.
- The only thing you have to get through today – is today. There’s a saying, “Worry does not take away tomorrow’s troubles. It takes away today’s peace.” And it’s true. Even if you have an appointment tomorrow, a presentation next week, or something else coming up that weighs heavy on your mind, the only thing you absolutely have to do is get through today, one moment at a time. Take the time to be present and focused solely on what’s in front of you, and you may find it easier to feel good about today.
- You deserve to feel good. If you’re looking for a reason to feel good about today, here it is: you deserve it. You deserve to feel hopeful and ambitious and positive today. Remember; this day is just one in a string of weeks, months and years, and every single minute goes into creating the incredible story of YOU. This is your day and your one life; you deserve to feel good about it.
- Today is a chance to make someone else feel important. Consider the fact that today isn’t about what the world can do for you, but how you can impact someone else’s world. It doesn’t take much to reach out and connect with another person, or simply make them feel noticed and appreciated. Take a minute to say “Hello”, “Good morning”, or “Have a great day” to someone new. Smile at a bus driver. Help someone who needs it. Open your eyes and your heart to the possibilities: there’s a lot to feel good about when you focus on helping someone else.
- Guess what comes next? Tomorrow. What happens if today doesn’t turn out the way you expect? If something goes wrong, takes an entirely different turn, or doesn’t happen at all, it’s not the end of the world. Tomorrow is another chance to start again, another day to feel good, and another opportunity for a different outcome.
We believe in you!
Looking for more ways to build healthier habits and improve your overall well-being? A MOBE Guide can give you one-to-one support. Get started today.